Based in London, UK
August 11th 2016
You are the King. For each decision, you only have two choices. Survive the exercise of power and the craziness of your advisors... as long as you can.
Sit on the throne as a benevolent (or malevolent) medieval monarch of the modern age and swipe your royal fingers either left or right to impose your will upon the kingdom. Survive the seemingly never-ending gauntlet of requests from your advisors, peasants, allies, and enemies while maintaining balance between the influential factions of your kingdom. But beware; each decision you make might have implications and unfortunate consequences down the road that could put your reign and family’s dynasty at risk!
- An Unpredictable Kingdom: Each year of your reign brings another important – seemingly random – request from your unpredictable kingdom as you strive for balance between the church, the people, the army, and the treasury. Prudent decisions and careful planning make for a long reign but unforeseen motivations, surprise events, and poor luck can take down even the most entrenched monarch.
- Dynasty Expansion: Extend your reign as long as possible, forge alliances, make enemies, and find new ways to die as your dynasty marches along through the ages. Some events will span on centuries, with an intrigue involving burning witches, scientific enlightenment, wicked politics and, maybe, the Devil himself.
- Royal Challenges: Achieve specific goals set before you at the start of your reign to cement your legacy and unlock new cards and content within the kingdom.
- Eclectic Presentation: An inspiring score from Disasterpeace compliment elegant gameplay and a bold art direction for a sublime experience as you rule over your people.
Gameplay trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
There are currently no logos or icons available for Reigns. Check back later for more or contact us for specific requests!
Awards & Recognition
- "Nominated for the Develop Awards 2016, Use of Narrative" Brighton, July 13, 2016
- "Showcased at Game Happens" Genova, June 24-25, 2016
- "Showcased at Feral Vector" Hebden Bridge, June 2-4, 2016
- "Finalist, Indieplus" San francisco, March 15, 2016
- "Showcase at the Letfield Rezzed 2016" London, April 7-9, 2016
- "Showcase at Now play This 2016" London, April1-3, 2016
Nerial is a London-based independant game studio founded by François Alliot in 2013
More information on Nerial, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Eric Van Amerongen